February 07, 2009

Family Fun Night




Last night, Mel, Hudson and I went to the Avera Fitness Center (where Mel is a member) for Family Fun Night. We decided that since Hudson is 6-months old now, and that he loves baths, that it was time to take him swimming! We got everything ready to go and were off.

We slowly worked him into the water, starting on the steps. He didn't seem to get it at first, then I got in the water and started swimming and splashing around. He noticed, but still didn't get it. We finally got him all the way in the water, jumping up and down with him in our arms, and he started to have a good time. He turned out to really enjoy it! We took some pictures and video of him in the pool and they were really cute! Then, not thinking at ALL, I took the camera in with me to the locker room....

There was a locker room worker that jumped me right away. "Is that a camera?" "Yes," I said, "I was taking pictures of my son." He then asked me very sternly where I was taking pictures, who I was taking them of, etc. etc. then it dawned on me...Camera + Locker Room + Naked People = Baaaad Sitation. He then explained how I could have taken pictures that I shouldn't have, then uploaded them on the Internet and ruined people's lives. Doh! I can't believe I didn't think of that being an issue. I offered to show that all I had pictures of was my son swimming for the first time. He said he trusted me. So I went on my way, showered, changed and we left.

When we got home, I went to look at the pictures and watch the video, and mysteriously, the memory card was empty. Not a single picture was on it! I'm not sure if it was a fluke, or if there was some sort of security device that erased it at the fitness center, either way, we don't have any pictures or video to show :(. So that's my story of Family Fun Night...

No comments: